Sign Up to Job Alerts
Get an email every time a new opportunity shows on this page
Conference Manager, CT Based (Hybrid)
Norwalk, CT USA
Hours:40 HOURS / WEEK
Type Of employment:Full time
Conference Manager. PGA. NHS
RX, a global trade show and event organizer, is in the business of building business for individuals, communities, and organizations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to create magical experiences and continual connections. We enable customers to learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 45 industry sectors.
About the Role:
The Conference Manager defines and drives the conference experience adding value to our events. This includes supporting the overall content strategy for the conference and curating compelling sessions. The conference content strategy must be audience-led, targeted to specific growth segments, and researched to ensure market viability.
In this role you will nurture relationships with the program Advisory Board. The successful candidate will bring their knowledge of the market, together with ideas and content from the board, to curate the best holistic program.
Collaboratively, they will drive the strategic evolution of the conference and its positioning within the industry to consistently uncover growth opportunities. The manager will also build relationships with sponsors and collaborate on the content they will be presenting at the show.
The Conference Manager will work together with event leadership and internal to create compelling marketing materials to promote the programs. Onsite, the Conference Manager works closely with Operations to ensure the sessions run smoothly. They will directly engage with high-level speakers, manage unexpected issues, liaise with logistical event staff to ensure the satisfaction of attendees and sponsors.
- Develop the event program content, agendas and sessions and manage speaker recruitment.
- Collaborate with strategic partners to develop event programs and content that support the program goals and objectives.
- Research & develop new event topics to grow the event business in person and digitally.
- Co-manage the program advisory board with Director.
- Manage sponsored program content, sessions, and sponsor speaker recruitment.
- Utilize project management skills to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Attend regular meetings with content and event teams to ensure objectives are supported and all deadlines are met across content, marketing, sales, sponsorship, and design teams.
- Update event education budgets, forecasts, and actuals.
- Create and manage the program run of show for all the stages, as well as introduction scripts and live Q+A facilitation.
- Travel to in-person event as required.
- Experience managing conference/events program and content development.
- Demonstrated ability to design event programs that increase audience engagement.
- Customer focused strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% including show dates.
WORKING WITH US
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play.
Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
WORKING FOR YOU
At RX, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Generous PTO plan
- Disability insurance
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
- Tuition reimbursement
RX is a RELX company. RELX is a multinational information & analytics company with several different businesses that provide scientific, technical, and medical information analytics; risk and business analytics, legal information, and analytics; decision-making tools and events and exhibition management.