The 2021 edition of SITL ended on Wednesday 15 September at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles with a great turnout of high-quality visitors despite the context. For three days, SITL reflected a sector that continues to be at the cutting edge of innovation. With 560 exhibiting brands, up 6 from the previous edition, SITL remains the only major trade show dedicated to logistics to be held in Europe this year. This 2021 edition combined an in-person show, with 23,000 professionals, including an increase in the number of “Marco Polos” (top buyers/final decision-makers), as well as digital content, with 17 sessions live-streamed for the first time since the show’s creation.
These sessions will be posted on the SITL website in a few days in order to make the content available all year long. Looking back at the announcements from 2021! A trade show full of demonstrations and announcements In order to meet the expectations of professionals returning to exhibit at SITL, the organisers increased the number of demonstration areas. Visitors were able to discover the Warehouse of the Future, the two daily “drone parades” in the Drone Valley area, vehicles such as Star Service’s three-wheeler carrier, and a range of innovations featured at most stands. According to Thomas Desplanques, Director of SITL, “This edition of SITL was more business-oriented than ever before, with sales contracts signed, like the Securidock deal, and various orders placed directly on site. Usually that happens months after SITL, which confirms that the industry was more than ready for the return of in-person events!”
This year’s announcements
● Speech by Jean-Baptiste Djebbari, Minister Delegate for Transport attached to the Minister for the Ecological Transition, who officially launched this year’s SITL on Monday 13 September. After cutting the ribbon with Thomas Desplanques and various other institutional players, he attended the signing of a commitment for the implementation of the national roadmap for rail freight with the three leading players in the sector: Alliance 4F (Fret Ferroviaire Français du Futur – French Rail Freight of the Future), which represents operators, SNCF Réseau and AUTF, the French trade association for freight transport users.
● Announcement of trials for an autonomous delivery vehicle with SprintProject and the city of Troyes. As part of a shared open innovation initiative, a local authority, major French groups and startups are launching open road trials of an autonomous urban delivery vehicle.
● Signature of a bilateral charter between the French government and members of Afilog on the environmental and economic performance of logistics real estate with seven new members, including Lidl and Segro.
● Logistics robots expert, Scallog, used SITL to announce the signature of a contract in Belgium for the automation of the new logistics hub for Newpharma, the Belgian-based European-wide online pharmacy with a million customers in 12 countries.
● Route optimisation and last-mile management specialist, Notico, and Akanea, which develops expert management software for supply chain and food industry professionals, announced that they are joining forces to offer a comprehensive solution for transport couriers.
● Jacky Perrenot (France’s leading retail transport company) and Iveco celebrated Carrefour’s addition of its 600th biomethane-fuelled vehicle to its fleet.
“The 2021 edition was filled with great opportunities for people to meet,” says Thomas Desplanques. “That was our main goal because after so many months of hiatus due to the health situation, we didn’t know how visitors would react. Our exhibitors were full of ideas and projects, and our teams worked extra hard to make this trade show the best. I sincerely thank them for their involvement and dedication!”
SITL will be back in 2022
All the teams at SITL and RX France are already preparing to welcome visitors and exhibitors to the 2022 edition, which will be held from 5 to 8 April 2022 at Paris Nord Villepinte – Hall 6. The 2022 edition will focus even more on demonstrations with new areas, including one dedicated to last-mile logistics. The Logistics Innovation Awards
The winners of the 2021 Innovation Awards are:
● Best Innovation: Transport & Logistics Services – AGRIKOLIS Network of 300 local farm pickup locations for the distribution of heavy and/or bulk products in rural and peri-urban areas. This allows e-commerce customers to pick up their oversized goods from a nearby farm and meet their local farmer.
● Best Innovation: Intralogistics, Robotics & Automation – SHERPA MOBILE ROBOTICS (SMR) SMR develops, produces and sells SHERPA® autonomous and collaborative mobile robots (AMR). SMR has invented combined “follow-me” and “autonomous” modes to offer innovative and versatile solutions to make work less strenuous, automate transfers and improve efficiency and productivity. ● Best Innovation: Technologies, IoT & Information Systems – EUROTUNNEL In the wake of Brexit, Eurotunnel has created a new innovative and unique service, the Eurotunnel Border Pass (EBP), for freight customers. The EBP shares information needed for border crossings between the transporter and Eurotunnel, and then between Eurotunnel and the border authorities in a secure and digitised process. ● Best Innovation: Transport Energies & Equipment – PRODEVAL Prodeval is a French company specialised in producing turnkey biogas (biomethane) treatment and recovery solutions.
● Best Innovation: Logistics Real Estate & Infrastructure – PÔLE D’EXCELLENCE RÉGIONAL EURALOGISTIC Euralogistic is managed by Chambers of Commerce and Industry, with the support of Europe, the French national government and the Regional Council, and provides logistics leadership for the Hauts-de-France region.
● Best Innovation: Security, Safety & Cyber – SECURIDOCK SÉCURIDOCK is a family-owned business created in 2012 which specialises in loading dock truck restraints and industrial locks. The company provides lock and restraint systems across France and internationally.
● Best Innovation: Cold Chain by Selfi – KOOVEA Koovea offers an innovative smart solution for remote real-time temperature tracking and monitoring. It’s dual-patented technology is made in France.
Startup Contest The 10 finalists for this year’s contest were WELCO, DELIVERY ACADEMY, MOTIONMINERS GMBH, MONSTOCK, GEOPALLET, ADRIVER, HUBLEX, PERCKO, MAGMA TECHNOLOGY, and CRC SERVICES. Two awards were presented: Delivery Academy won the Jury’s Award. This innovative solution offers high-quality training to ensure that delivery people provide the best customer experience in the urban logistics sector. Welco won the Audience’s Award. This package pickup platform is a last-mile solution that lists available private individuals who are paid to securely pick up their neighbours’ packages.
PRESS CONTACTS Oxygen Myriem Benseghir / Vivien Michelet / Pierrick Pichot +33(0)6 58 69 79 01 / +33(0)6 63 27 22 28 firstname.lastname@example.org
About SITL: Transport and Logistics Innovation Week has been bringing together key professionals from the French and European transport and logistics Industry for nearly 40 years. This major event is divided into eight main sectors: Transport & Logistics Services – Intralogistics, Robotics & Automation – Packaging, Packing & Pallets – Technologies, IoT & Information Systems – Energy and Transport Equipment – Logistics Real Estate & Infrastructure – Safety, Security & Cyber, and Cold Chain by Selfi. Users from industry and distribution come to SITL to discover the innovative solutions and trends in each sector and to find out more about potential applications.
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors.
RX France manages a portfolio of world-class, French and international face-to-face, virtual and hybrid events covering 20 industry sectors including MIPIM, MAPIC, Batimat, Pollutec, EquipHotel, SITL, IFTM Top Resa, MIPCOM, MIPTV, FIAC, Paris Photo, Maison&Objet*… and many more. RX France’s events take place in France, China, India, Italy, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people.
RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.
*Organised by Safi, a subsidiary of RX France and Ateliers d’Art de France About RELX RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America. The shares of RELX PLC, the parent company, are traded on the London, Amsterdam and New York Stock Exchanges using the following ticker symbols: London: REL; Amsterdam: REN; New York: RELX. The market capitalisation is approximately £33bn, €39bn, $47bn.* *Note: Current market capitalisation can be found at http://www.relx.com/investors