Get ready for a Revolution!
Johannesburg will experience the premier and largest trade and consumer food and drink experience, taking place at the TicketPro Dome from 17th-19th July 2020. This exciting launch exhibition will be a showcase of the latest products and trends, creating an explosion of taste and within 3 exciting brands all under one roof – Coffee & Chocolate, Fire & Feast and Bar in Good Spirits – part of Food & Drink Revolution Africa.
RX Global Africa recently announced the acquisition of the Coffee & Chocolate Expo®. This annual event attracts over 35 000 Trade & Consumer visitors and has over 80,000 followers on Social Media making it the largest expo within the Food & Beverage sector in Africa. Coffee & Chocolate will run alongside Reed Exhibition’s highly successful Fire & Feast Meat and Food Festival, and the launch edition of Bars & Good Spirits.
Visitors to this year’s show can expect live demo’s, workshops, pairing theatres, live entertainment and local celebrity chefs and personalities. With a newly launched trade programme the food and beverage industry will enjoy a trade focused conference, workshops, business lounges, prescheduled meetings and a networking function.
Features to look forward to: • Cupping Sessions With the assistance of SA’s new Q Graders we invite visitors and trade to a Coffee cupping, or coffee tasting session. Cupping is the practice of observing the tastes and aromas of brewed coffee. A standard coffee cupping procedure involves deeply sniffing the coffee, then loudly slurping the coffee so it spreads to the back of the tongue. The coffee taster attempts to measure aspects of the coffee's taste, specifically the body (the texture or mouthfeel, such as oiliness), sweetness, acidity (a sharp and tangy feeling, like when biting into an orange), flavour (the characters in the cup), and aftertaste. Since coffee beans embody telltale flavours from the region where they were grown, cuppers may attempt to identify the coffee's origin.
• Roasting Demonstration Roasting coffee transforms the chemical and physical properties of green coffee beans into roasted coffee products. The roasting process is what produces the characteristic flavour of coffee by causing the green coffee beans to change in taste. The vast majority of coffee is roasted commercially on a large scale, but small-scale commercial roasting has grown significantly with the trend toward "single-origin" coffees served at specialty shops. Some
coffee drinkers even roast coffee at home as a hobby in order to both experiment with the flavour profile of the beans and ensure the freshest possible roast.
• SCASA National Barista Championships The Speciality Coffee Association of Southern Africa is an association of coffee industry players, from all sectors of the industry in Southern Africa. SCASA has a mission to promote both the consumption of quality coffees and the recognition of the employees of the industry within Southern Africa. We look forward to the Gauteng Regional Championships to be held this year
• Mixology & Flairing Arena This workshop highlights the barista/bartender’s mixology skills in a setting Mixoligy & Flairing are at its best. From the traditional Irish Coffee (with whiskey and coffee), to unique cocktail combinations. Visitors can watch & learn how to make their own Signature drinks to enjoy with a Master Mixologist
• Fire & Feast Meat Theatre We’ve all been there. You’re at the supermarket and you find yourself staring blankly at the vast selection of meat cuts in the meat aisle - not knowing what cut would work best for your new dish. Join us at the Meat Theatre as SA Chefs show you which cut goes best with which dish.
• Braaitology Step outdoors into Braaitology – where industry chefs will prepare and cook unique dishes right in front of you, on the latest braais. Fire & Feast has introduced BraaiBucks which can be bought on arrival – one BraaiBuck for R25 - and redeemed for as many tasters as you wish to sample. Proudly supported by SA Chefs Association • Chilli Competition Things get fired up at five crazy Chilli-eating Competitions with daredevil contestants braving the heat of some of the hottest chilli flavours available. Jalapeno, cayenne, peri-peri, and habanero were the name of the game as these wild-eyed competitors mop their brows and speed their way through two rounds of intense flame-mouthed fury in the hopes of winning a hot hamper.
The full programme presents a range of new, exciting installations that engage with global trends within an African context. Exhibitors and associations will share their new products, exciting trends and a variety of exciting demonstrations.
After this stimulating array of #inspo and solutions that will allow you to become an expert you can recharge at the many cafés, bars and restaurants while enjoying live music.
As ever, RX Global Africa will provide a powerhouse of inspiration for the food and beverage industries and is hosting a special trade-only morning on Friday, 17 July 2020. Members of the profession will receive complimentary trade access to the show if they register online ahead of the event. Trade professionals who do not pre-register online will be able to purchase trade access tickets at the gate at a reduced rate.
• Over 300 exciting Coffee & Chocolate, Fire & Feast and Bar & Good Sprits exhibitors to sample taste and buy from
About RX Global: RX Global is the world’s leading event organiser, with over 500 events in 43 countries. In 2014, Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world, generating billions of dollars in business. Today, Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 41 fully staffed offices. RX Global serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com
SHOW DATES 17 – 19 July 2020 Ticketpro Dome, Joburg - 35,000 visitors
TICKETS Tickets can be purchased via iTickets.co.za R120.00 pp online & at the door – kids under 10 free
SOCIAL MEDIA Facebook: /CoffeeChocolateExpo /Fireandfeast Twitter: @Coffeechocexpo @@fireandfeastSA Instagram: @coffeechocexpo @fireandfeast You Tube Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRXoUwnh2f0J18PHAr6r6fg Website: www.coffeechoc.co.za / www.fireandfeast.co.za
TIMES FRI 17TH July 09H30 – 20h00 SAT 18TH July 09H30 – 20H00 SUN 19TH July 09H30 – 18h00