Paris, 31 July 2020 – MIPCOM 2020, initially programmed for October 12-15, today announces that the 36th edition of the flagship entertainment content market will take place as MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES, a streamlined, 3-day gathering of the international television community in Cannes (October 12-14), together with MIPCOM ONLINE+, a premium digital service (October 5-mid-November).
MIPJunior , traditionally held as a hotel-based programme screening and networking event, will move into the Palais des Festivals and run alongside MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES.
“We want to help the international television community get back to business and the combination of face-to-face at MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES and digital MIPCOM ONLINE+ makes this possible. We understand that some people will be unable to travel to Cannes, so they can be part of the MIPCOM experience digitally. New health and safety guidelines meant considerable disruption and extra costs for exhibitors and their stands, so we decided there will be no exhibition stands at MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES,” says Laurine Garaude, Reed MIDEM’s Television Division Director.
MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES will see a new show floor plan for face-to-face meetings and market screenings, and delegates will be able to use open meeting spaces, reserved tables or privatised lounges. The event will take place in the Ambassadeurs and Riviera halls of the Palais des Festivals. Physical distancing will be in place as part of comprehensive health and safety measures throughout the Palais.
Commenting on the presence of acquisition executives in Cannes, Laurine Garaude notes, “The launch of the Global Upfronts is the centrepiece of our Buyers Programme. We have stepped up our invitations to buyers and we are also working closely with major studios from around the world to present their newest and most exciting slate of content.”
Delegates who are unable to attend MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES can set up online video meetings, screen programmes and access conferences via MIPCOM ONLINE+.
The combination of MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES and MIPCOM ONLINE+ will enable MIPCOM’s international community to connect and share the MIPCOM experience, in Cannes or anywhere worldwide.
Exhibitors who have already booked a stand for this year’s MIPCOM will receive a choice of refunds or credits for MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES or future MIP markets.
MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
• An exclusive Buyers Programme featuring Screenings including the New Global Upfronts, market screenings and market intelligence will occur, along with a full conference programme including high-profile keynotes, market trends and industry analysis.
• The MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence in TV and MIP SDG Awards will be the centrepieces of the newly announced Change for Good programme, an industry forum for global social change.
• MIPJunior delegates will have a dedicated programme and will have their own distinct networking zone within the redesigned show floor, which will include access to the digital screenings library, conferences and meeting spaces.
• Season 3 of the CANNESERIES FESTIVAL will take place alongside MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES.
• MIPCOM ONLINE+ will launch on October 5 and will run until mid-November
• MIPCOM ONLINE+ will enrich the market experience for participants attending MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES and for those who cannot travel to Cannes.
• Global Upfronts, market screenings and the most important conference sessions and speakers from Cannes will be accessible to delegates and new audiences in Cannes and worldwide.
• Extensive content from our studio partners and international distributors will showcased.
• The enhanced database will facilitate online networking opportunities, allowing users to set up highly targeted, video business meetings between distributors and buyers.
“For many of us, MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES will be the first international TV trade market to take place, as a live gathering, since business was disrupted by the global Covid-19 pandemic. We’ll be there to greet the TV industry in Cannes in October and for those who can’t make it, we will connect everyone virtually,” concludes Laurine Garaude.
Health & Safety
Reed MIDEM, in association with parent company RX Global and the City of Cannes, is putting in place a coherent and comprehensive programme of safety measures in response to Covid-19. These measures are updated on a regular basis.
To find out details please click here
About Reed MIDEM - Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong SAR, Propel by MIPIM – Cannes, Propel by MIPIM – Paris, Propel by MIPIM NYC in partnership with Metaprop, Propel by MIPIM – Hong Kong; MAPIC and LeisurUp in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy and The Happetite in Milan, and MAPIC India in Mumbai for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About RX Global - RX Global is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants.
Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. RX Global is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com