September is RELX Cares month when, together with our broader RELX family, we focus on making a difference for our communities around the world through volunteering and fundraising, with a special focus on RELX Cares Day, 17 September.
Here’s a quick round-up of what some of our caring, sharing colleagues are getting up to:
- RX Global Brazil is continuing its brilliant campaign to support freelance event workers and their families who have lost their income due to the pandemic. For the past four months our Brazilian team have been working with colleagues at Informa and Nurnberg Messe to fund and deliver over 9 tonnes of vital food parcels to those in need. Although this initial project has now concluded, RX Brazil is continuing the project through September and beyond, in support of RELX Cares, and under the name of the ‘Reed Chain of Goodness’.
- Our Chinese colleagues are organising Pop-Up Stores in four of their offices on 17 September. Employees have been encouraged to prepare and bring goods from home for sale to fundraise for Hope and Homes for Children and encourage participants to recycle. Teams of volunteers will also be cleaning up the ocean front in Shenzhen and the river footpaths in Shanghai and Beijing.
- Our German team joined forces with the ISG and LexisNexis to support the local environmental conservation agency BLOCKBLOCKS. Nearly 40 employees came together on 4 September to remove garbage and waste from the banks of the Rhine. As a result of this Corporate Clean Up of “Paradise Beach”, not far from all three RELX offices, a total of six refuse bags weighing more than 80 kg were collected in the space of just two hours!
- RX Global France and Reed MIDEM are fundraising for SOS Prema, a charity which supports premature babies and their families. A team of Reed MIDEM employees are also participating in the race for Children with Cancer on Sunday September 27. The funds will finance specific clinical trials to find innovative treatments for children with cancer.
- Cara Arnett from our UK office in Richmond joined the annual Lexis Nexis challenge which brings together walkers from across RELX. This year’s 20 mile walk in the Lake District took in four summits and raised over £3,000 for NHS Charities Together.
- RX Global US is holding its annual Virtual Volunteer Fair on RELX Cares Day. Seven charity representatives will attend to meet with employees who are keen to volunteer.
- The Singapore team is organising a Microsoft Teams Games Day on 18 September, featuring Care Whizz (fastest finger wins!) and Bingo. Each game costs $5 to play with all proceeds to Willing Hearts. A team of volunteers is also helping out Willing Heart’s Soup Kitchen on 21 September, preparing ingredients, packing lunch boxes, cleaning and washing up.
Watch the RELX Cares Video showing some of the amazing volunteering work our employees have done in 2020.