Spotlight on…..Robyn Van Der Poel, Technical Lead, Global Technology, USA
1. What’s the most courageous thing you’ve ever done?
2. What’s your favourite drama serial?
‘The Walking Dead’, with Michonne, my favourite Jedi Knight.
3. What recent podcast would you recommend?
‘Where should we begin? with Esther Perel’. I happened upon one of her talks on Youtube and was intrigued by the series. It gives a really intimate insight into human connection with lots to learn.
4. What country would you travel to if you could go anywhere?
Somewhere remote where I can see the Northern Lights whilst lying in bed. Norway and Finland have some interesting options like Kakslauttanen arctic resort, although spending a night on a glacier in North Pole Igloos hotel would blow my mind.
5. What three characteristics do you need to succeed in your role?
Critical thinking, pragmatism and cooperation
6. What do you enjoy most about working in events?
It is exciting to see how much of an enabler events are for individual businesses and the communities that exist around shows like ReedPop’s Comic Cons. Working in Global Technology I’m not at the forefront of events, but supporting the business units who are so evidently passionate about the shows they run is meaningful.
7. What makes you proud to work at RX?
Working in a team that really wants to deliver business value where team members take personal responsibility and are continuously striving to do better.